Stein Mart is a national off-price retailer offering designer and name-brand fashion apparel, home décor, accessories, and shoes at everyday discount prices. Stein Mart provides real value that customers love in over 280 stores across the United States and online. Apply today and join the team!
At Stein Mart, our purpose is to inspire our customers to look and feel special while saving money. Six values support our purpose, guide our behavior and smartly move us along our path to accomplishing our goals. Embracing this purpose and demonstrating these values will bring out the best in us every day and our customers will feel special every time they interact with us.
We are welcoming, friendly and look for ways to make you feel special
We are accountable for our actions and challenge ourselves to proactively improve
We move with speed and purpose to achieve success
We are kind and concerned for the well-being of every person
We are empowered to be innovative and resourceful
We make things easy for people to shop and work with us
To support the company’s mission to maximize financial objectives, reduce operating costs and become an information-based culture by:
- Maintaining the accuracy of the company’s accounts payable vendor balances
- Ensuring accurate statement of payables and related accrual balances in the company’s financial systems
- Providing support to all areas of the company on accounts payable-related transactions
Essential Job Results
- Develop and accomplish analysis and periodic reporting on AP payments, but not limited to: invoices outstanding, receipts not reconciled and invoice aging/write offs. This includes vendor analysis, invoice matching tolerances and resolution performance.
- Compile data, analyze and report on vendor inquiries, statements and disputes for prioritization, work with AP team to record tracking and accrual analysis.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable vendor balances per account and open receipts accrual at EOM, as well as other payables related general ledger accounts. This includes analyzing account balances to provide fluctuation analysis explanations.
- Communication with vendors on outstanding invoices, claims or disputes to resolve account balance.
- Analyze vendor debit balances and take- action to limit occurrence and expedite collection.
- Work with the Accounts Payable team to identify, analyze and develop solutions for vendor/buyer issues to improve processing efficiencies and reduce disputes.
- Complete timely and accurate calculations of royalty payments and damage allowances.
- Oversee Vendor Allowance (MVA/MVD) approval and processing.
- Manage and perform special projects to support business initiatives regarding accounts payable management processes and systems. Act as a liaison and subject matter expert to other areas in the company as a representative of Accounts Payable and Finance. Assist with responses to auditor/management’s special requests.
* This list of essential results does not preclude your supervisor from assigning the employee to perform other functions. The employee should also understand that the list of essential results may change.
- Education and Experience: A bachelor’s degree in Accounting is preferred 3-5 years of General Accounting experience, including accounts payable, account reconciliations, and data analysis.
- Technical Skills: Strong analytical/critical thinking and problem-solving skills are required. Computer skills should include an advanced aptitude in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel. Ability to compile, analyze and track large volumes of data is expected. Experience in Oracle RMS, Oracle ReIM (or other large enterprise-wide software program’s Accounts Payable module), Oracle SQL Developer, JDEdwards, Microsoft SharePoint Server and MicroStrategy is preferred.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required along with the ability to actively listen and professionally interact with people from all levels of the organization.
- Behavioral Attributes: Willingness to follow through, analyze problems, make informed decisions and complete tasks in an atmosphere that necessitates multi-tasking is required. Strong attention to detail is needed while still being able to demonstrate the ability to comprehend the bigger picture.
- Physical Requirements: Sitting at workstation will constitute 75% or more of a work shift with occasional filing and lifting of boxes weighing up to 40 lbs. on an as needed basis.
- Travel Requirements:
- Preferred: Accounts Payable and General Ledger experience in a high volume, multi-location organization.