The Stein Mart story began more than 100 years ago in the Mississippi Delta with one family owned establishment. Today, Stein Mart has grown into a nationwide retailer with over 270 stores. Stein Mart’s success is attributed to our unique niche in the market offering current fashion trends at competitive prices paired with customer service and a personal shopping experience. Join the Stein Mart story today!
Stein Mart is currently seeking a results oriented professional enthusiastic about customer service and fashion. We are looking for an individual with experience leading a retail team who can ensure the store is focused on achieving sales goals, customer service and the shopping experience, and developing internal talent.
- Utilize Stein Mart's policies, procedures, and merchandising guidelines to drive sales.
- Create,recommend, and implement ideas to help store reach all goals and objectives.
- Managethe merchandising areas to optimize selling space and maximize selling potential.
- Superviseand coordinate store activities.
- Maintain human resource documentation and reporting.
- Maintain an efficient and effective Receiving Department.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe and secure store environment.
- Model apositive customer service spirit, exhibiting a friendly and helpful attitude with customers and associates.
- Empower associates to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Create, recommend, and implement ideas to ensure a unique customer shopping experience.
- Partner with the Store Management to interview and hire new team members.
- Build relationships that foster a healthy team environment.
- Utilize Stein Mart training and development resources to develop
job skills and provide information to help others learn.
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED), Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years applicable retail work experience, including supervisory experience with demonstrated expertise in retail merchandising and operational skills.
- Moderate physical effort required; standing and walking will constitute 95% or more of a work shift.
- Strong desire to grow in a retail career through own internal development
- Ability to make informed decisions, complete tasks and problem solve.
- Possess strong numeric reasoning skills (i.e., proficiency in adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and calculating percentages).
- Experience working in a Windows environment; utilizing on-line reporting tools and e-mail.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to relocate a plus.