Stein Mart is a national off-price retailer offering designer and name-brand fashion apparel, home décor, accessories, and shoes at everyday discount prices. Stein Mart provides real value that customers love in over 280 stores across the United States and online. Apply today and join the team!
At Stein Mart, our purpose is to inspire our customers to look and feel special while saving money. Six values support our purpose, guide our behavior and smartly move us along our path to accomplishing our goals. Embracing this purpose and demonstrating these values will bring out the best in us every day and our customers will feel special every time they interact with us.
We are welcoming, friendly and look for ways to make you feel special
We are accountable for our actions and challenge ourselves to proactively improve
We move with speed and purpose to achieve success
We are kind and concerned for the well-being of every person
We are empowered to be innovative and resourceful
We make things easy for people to shop and work with us
- Model and provide exceptional customer service.
- Meet or exceed top-line sales goals.
- Meet or exceed credit and preferred card acquisition goals.
- Role model company values.
- Manage operational expenses and control cost to meet budget goals.
- Ensure that company assets and inventory control are maintained.
- Ensure merchandise and store standards are implemented consistently.
- Deliver a clean and well maintained store.
- Create and maintain a safe and secure store environment.
- Maintain high standards when hiring and evaluating associates.
- Ensure that standard policies and procedures are maintained.
- Ensure tools, reports and equipment are available to perform all job responsibilities.
- Maintain effective and efficient processes and systems.
- Provide training and development to empower associates.
- Mentor Leads and Managers for future promotions.
- Assist in building and maintaining a positive culture within the store.
- Assist in leading diverse team to achieve store goals and objectives.
- Root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Interview and hire top talent.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED) required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 3 to 5 years applicable retail work experience, including a minimum of 3 years management experience.
- Moderate physical effort required. Standing and walking will constitute 95% of a work shift. Stooping and lifting various merchandise contents of up to 50 lbs. on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrated expertise in merchandising skills, numeric reasoning to include proficiency in: adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and calculating percentages. Computer knowledge and experience in a Microsoft Suite environment for email and to navigate the internet.
- Ability to relocate.
- Should exhibit a strong interest in working with people. Comfortable with change, enjoys variety in work and thrives on creating novel solutions. Experience in a leadership role with supervisory capacity. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Results oriented with a willingness to follow through, make informed decisions, complete tasks and problem-solve. Exhibited attention to detail with high degree of accuracy.