Stein Mart is a national off-price retailer offering designer and name-brand fashion apparel, home décor, accessories, and shoes at everyday discount prices. Stein Mart provides real value that customers love in over 280 stores across the United States and online. Apply today and join the team!
At Stein Mart, our purpose is to inspire our customers to look and feel special while saving money. Six values support our purpose, guide our behavior and smartly move us along our path to accomplishing our goals. Embracing this purpose and demonstrating these values will bring out the best in us every day and our customers will feel special every time they interact with us.
We are welcoming, friendly and look for ways to make you feel special
We are accountable for our actions and challenge ourselves to proactively improve
We move with speed and purpose to achieve success
We are kind and concerned for the well-being of every person
We are empowered to be innovative and resourceful
We make things easy for people to shop and work with us
- Lead, direct, train and manage the performance a management teams at a regional distribution facility to optimize merchandise flow to stores and control DC expenses.
- Directly responsible in the hiring of associates.
- Monitor and measure merchandise, vendor, and service provider compliance and performance reporting.
- Insure compliance with all safety, SOX, and OSHA guidelines.
- Effectively manage all aspects and areas of the distribution center in order to meet key performance indicator goals.
- Direct P&L and budgeting responsibilities for multiple facilities in excess of $5 million.
- Acts as a liaison with assigned stores to resolve warehouse and delivery issues.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting, including P &L, DC scorecards, productivity and other metrics reporting.
- Accountable for adherence to established corporate controls, practices, processes, procedures and policies. Maintains strict compliance with corporate sanitation, risk management and asset management programs, and audit expectations including, but not limited to, safety, training, inventory, security, proper utilization and maintenance of material handling and transportation equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or related discipline, or equivalent work related experience.
- 7+ years progressive warehouse management experience as a General Manager in a retail/apparel environment required.
- Demonstrated leadership and success in managing distribution facilities, including the development and implementation of standard operating processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated track record of leading improved performance for all facets of a distribution center, including receiving, picking/packing, inventory accuracy, shipping and material flow efficiency.
- Extensive inventory management and operations experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of best-in-class warehouse management systems to drive continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and strong collaboration/relationship building skills.
- Strong team builder.