Stein Mart is a national off-price retailer offering designer and name-brand fashion apparel, home décor, accessories, and shoes at everyday discount prices. Stein Mart provides real value that customers love in over 280 stores across the United States and online. Apply today and join the team!
At Stein Mart, our purpose is to inspire our customers to look and feel special while saving money. Six values support our purpose, guide our behavior and smartly move us along our path to accomplishing our goals. Embracing this purpose and demonstrating these values will bring out the best in us every day and our customers will feel special every time they interact with us.
We are welcoming, friendly and look for ways to make you feel special
We are accountable for our actions and challenge ourselves to proactively improve
We move with speed and purpose to achieve success
We are kind and concerned for the well-being of every person
We are empowered to be innovative and resourceful
We make things easy for people to shop and work with us
Lead the marketing reporting process and provide insightful analyses to help inform future marketing decisions. Support the National and Customer Relationship Marketing programs to grow customer engagement, loyalty and retention that drive profitable sales and traffic to stores.
- Provide business intelligence reporting
- Maximize CRM and SMart Rewards Loyalty programs
- Test and learn campaign development
- Analyze, Report and Forecast marketing events, loyalty campaigns, customer trends, channel impact, and direct mail format, coupon offer and messaging tests
- Develop annual retail marketing calendar including promotional events and offer strategy
- Evaluate historical performance and ROI of media plans to strategize media placement and formats
- Provide on-going market, customer, event and loyalty program analysis and recommendations
Drive strategies and implement tactics to ensure that Stein Mart builds a successful annual marketing plan, efficient tactics to support weekly events and maintains strong, profitable relationships with their loyal customer base. Critical to success in this position is demonstrating a strong understanding of customer behavior through event post mortems, data analysis and using the insights coming from that data analysis to develop marketing programs and loyalty campaigns that drive desired customer behavior. This will require managing outside vendors and/or internal analysts to maintain the customer database, loyalty campaign builds, list pulls for direct mail and loyalty email marketing, and providing accurate analysis and recommendations. Additionally, support and grow the SMart Rewards Loyalty and Credit Programs.
- Direct Marketing Management and Execution –manage specific media tactics to include direct mail, newspaper, loyalty campaign, and loyalty email modeling, targeting, measurement and evaluation. Provide methods of optimization to increase response rates and ROI. Provide projections on media and loyalty campaigns to include: customer response, offer redemptions, points forecast, incremental sales, and markdowns.
- Customer Analytics – Analysis of customer behavioral trends, patterns and opportunities. Support targeting and segmentation strategy.
- Loyalty Program – Lead the Loyalty program reporting process to include the Points Budget and Liability, and all KPI reporting related to the Loyalty program in partnership with the database and loyalty vendors. Support the operation of our CRM to include Loyalty and Credit programs.
- Leadership of National Marketing Campaign Reporting- Oversee data inquiry, KPI scorecard development, customer insight generation, campaign planning recommendations, and weekly marketing performance reporting.
- Marketing Mix Placement and Evaluation – conduct post-event analyses to evaluate marketing impact and opportunity, analyze YoY trends, sales performance, redemption and response patterns. Work with Media ROI analytics provider in ROI and media optimization reporting.
- Business Reporting for Weekly Events – performance reporting on sales, traffic, coupons, direct mail redemptions, customer segment performance and division-specific results
- Analyst Leadership – Provide Analyst guidance and support
- Key Agency Relationships – CRM and data management agency, Loyalty and Credit program providers, digital and email vendors, Media ROI analytics provider
- CRM program management – guide the systems and support for our customer data, files, lists and reports that are instrumental to our ability to grow relevance and efficiency in direct relationships
- Work with database and loyalty program partners in campaign development and reporting; synthesize and translate campaign reporting into meaningful strategic direction for the marketing team and the general enterprise
- Extend strategies into all direct communication including email
- Partner with database management vendor in all aspects of housing the base, including input and outflow feeds, hygiene, updates and all formatting, business rules and organization of data
- Facilitate list pulls and loyalty campaign builds including scheduling, content, format and delivery to execution partner
- Expertise in SQL and knowledge of relational databases
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, retail management, computer science, economics, business or related field
- 5+ years of work experience in Analytics, Customer Relationship Marketing/ Direct Marketing, or Marketing Planning, retail industry preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including complex formulas and pivot tables) and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and experience with data validation
- Ability to accurately interpret and draw conclusions from data to make marketing recommendations and to evaluate program success
- Knowledge and understanding of targeting tools, consumer segments, media channels and processes preferred
- Experience in customer segmentation strategies
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
- Ability to manage workflow, create and meet both personal and group/team deadlines
- Prior experience working with cross-functional teams
- Strong relationship builder both within the organization and external partners
- Problem-solve. Demonstrate abilities in learning new skills and training others.
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated successful influencing skills
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to build business and maximize profit
Travel Requirements: Minimal travel is required.
Reports Directly To: Director, Customer Relationships