The Stein Mart story began more than 100 years ago in the Mississippi Delta with one family owned establishment. Today, Stein Mart has grown into a nationwide retailer with over 290 stores. Stein Mart’s success is attributed to our unique niche in the market offering current fashion trends at competitive prices paired with customer service and a personal shopping experience. Join the Stein Mart story today!
Stein Mart is currently seeking a results oriented professional enthusiastic about customer service and fashion. We are looking for an individual with experience assisting a retail team and who can ensure the store is focused on achieving sales goals, customer service and the shopping experience.
- Utilize Stein Mart's policies, procedures, and merchandising guidelines to drive sales for a specific department in the store – Ladies, Men’s, or Home.
- Create, recommend, and implement ideas to help store reach all goals and objectives.
- Manage the merchandising areas to optimize selling space and maximize selling potential.
- Supervise coordinate, and allocate resources for store activities.
- Maintain human resource documentation and reporting.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe and secure store environment.
- Model a positive customer service spirit, exhibiting a friendly and helpful attitude with customers and associates.
- Empower associates to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Create, recommend, and implement ideas to ensure a unique customer shopping experience.
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED), Associates degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years applicable customer service work experience.
- Experience working in a Windows environment; utilizing on-line reporting tools and e-mail.
- Results oriented; demonstrated ability to make informed decisions, complete tasks and problem solve.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Moderate physical effort required; standing and walking will constitute 95% or more of a work shift.
- Use of equipment to include but not limited to, reading from a visual monitor, operating a computer keyboard and calculator.