Careers for Every Style
Join Stein Mart today, we’ve got a great career in store for you.
Job ID: 2019-25352
Posted Date: April 30, 2019
Division: Retail/Customer Service - Store AssociatesLocation:
Stein Mart is a national off-price retailer offering designer and name-brand fashion apparel, home décor, accessories, and shoes at everyday discount prices. Stein Mart provides real value that customers love in over 280 stores across the United States and online. Apply today and join the team!
At Stein Mart, our purpose is to inspire our customers to look and feel special while saving money. Six values support our purpose, guide our behavior and smartly move us along our path to accomplishing our goals. Embracing this purpose and demonstrating these values will bring out the best in us every day and our customers will feel special every time they interact with us.
The Senior Vintage Luxury Consultant (Senior Sales Associate) is a full-time position responsible for the sale of LXRandCo vintage handbags and accessories from brands such as Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and Gucci. The Senior Vintage Luxury Consultant will be accountable for managing all operational and financial aspects of their retail space and be committed to establishing and maintaining high professional standards in the areas of sales performance, customer service, visual merchandising, inventory management, retail space operations, people management and development. The Senior Vintage Luxury Consultant will demonstrate and uphold the vision of the company and will build and grow a successful team to create new stories and new life in each product.
- Role model company values.
- Brand ambassador and leader on the sales floor.
- Assist store in meeting or exceeding sales objectives.
- Assist store in meeting or exceeding credit card acquisition goals.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Run registers/POS terminals and checkout processes.
- Maintain optimum retail space staffing levels to deliver an exceptional customer experience while adhering to budgetary goals.
- Collaborate with corporate partners to participate in promotions and events.
- Direct inventory management and ensure retail space staff is trained with inventory management policies and procedures.
- Ensure all daily tasks are completed by staff members (end of day report, shipment confirmation, marketing confirmation).
- Maintain a safe and secure work area.
- Package online orders (Ship from Stores).
- Follow Company policies and procedures to control inventory.
- Receive and check in merchandise.
- Assist in minimizing loss of company assets.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED) preferred. Basic literacy and numerical skills: demonstrated abilities to read, write, and count. 1-3 years prior retail or customer service experience.
- Moderate physical effort required. Standing and walking will constitute 95% of a work shift. Stooping and lifting various merchandise contents of up to 30 lbs. on an as needed basis. Ability to identify colors.
- Demonstrated expertise in merchandising skills, numeric reasoning to include proficiency in: adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and calculating percentages. Computer knowledge and experience in a Microsoft Suite environment for email and to navigate the internet.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally. Should exhibit a strong customer centered focus and interest in working with people. Willingness to interact and cooperate in working with others. Detail oriented. Takes initiative, follows-through and completes tasks. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some nights and weekends.